Wednesday, July 23, 2008

DAY FOUR-HUNDRED-AND-SIXTY-TWO: I Love Mixing.


Hi hi,
Yesterday Ed mixed "That Striped Dress" and it's like thunder. The bridge is so thick - it's like a brick wall of guitars. Before the piano solo, during the organ phrase after the bridge, there's this almost eerie almospheric sound just peaking out of the background. I love the way it's been mixed into the track. This will be song six of twelve completely mixed - we're getting so close. I keep telling Ed, it sounds like every song he mixes sounds better than the last. I'm so excited for everyone to hear this album.

We think we've found the right guy to master the album. We've sent off "It's Hard" for a test mastering to see if this engineer is the right one.

I'm about to meet Dan at the studio. We're going to set-up the studio for rehearsal. Dan got new drums and they are shiny. I believe he also got new cymbals. He told me he also got his hair trimmed - looks more like a mullet apparently.

Anyways, gotsta runnn.

Talk to ya'll later.


andrew

big stereo



I found this old photo of Ed and I on a train ride when we were 13 and 15 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home